PCA and Guarantees
Why use a PCA Member?
The PCA is the premier Trade Association for the structural waterproofing, wood preservation, damp proofing, flood remediation, structural maintenance and invasive species industries in the UK.
The PCA which incorporates the British Wood Preserving Damp Proofing Association (BWPDA) have been in existence for over 75 years and are noted for their training and technical expertise. They ensure the highest standards are maintained by its members giving consumers assurance that members can deliver a high quality, reliable and professional service as well as providing peace of mind supported by independently insured guarantees.
PCA Members are:
- Subject to a rigorous application process and ongoing checks in order to achieve and retain membership
- Audited and quality of work checked on site by a PCA assessor ensure exceptionally high standards of the PCA are maintained
- Subject to ongoing and regular technical, operational and procedural checks
- Required to have and continue to gain industry recognised qualifications
- Able to offer third party insurance backed guarantees
- Required to adhere to a formal Code of Conduct and minimum Performance Standards
- Required to abide by a strict Code of Ethics
- Expected to co-operate with the PCA in the unlikely event of any problems or complaints
- Licensed under the Government’s TrustMark scheme
Third Party Insurance Backed Guarantees
Proten provide a company guarantee for works and as members of the Property Care Association, Proten can also offer access to third party insurance backed guarantees provided by Guarantee Protection Insurance (GPI). The Property Care Association have launched a video explaining the benefits of taking out a GPI to give added peace of mind and protection.